Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My mom now needs a pool.

I chose not to return my mom's phone calls while we were visiting Pappy (which probably just added to the problem). However, I just now got off the phone with her. She asked how the week went with the expected questions of "How was Ellie with Pappy?" or "Did it take Addie long to warm up to Pappy?"

I'm sure my mom means well and wants my girls to enjoy their time with Pappy, but I'm also sure that there is a streak of jealousy behind her questions. Ellie warmed up to Pappy right away. And Grammie too. Addie displayed no stranger anxiety towards either of them, even though she has shown fear towards my mom recently.

"How was Ellie with the lake? Did she like the water?" When I told her that Ellie was practically a fish, her response was "Oh man, that means I need to get a swimming pool too! No pressure or anything!"

It's just a silly statement, I know. And that's why all I'm doing is writing a silly vent on my silly secret blog. But, come on, Gramma! Let Pappy have this one special thing. It's ok for the girls to absolutely LOVE spending time at Pappy's for a week a year. That does not mean they enjoy their time with you any less. You do not have to be, nor should you be, their favorite all the time.

No comments: