I'm considering closing this blog. Originally I wanted it to be about the stories that I felt would upset my family... but not necessarily a full-blown-venting session. Yet that's what it has become. There is nothing in this blog that I want to look back on and remember... so what's the point?
Perhaps by closing the blog I will no longer have a place to vent - but do I need it? I'm not sure. Every now and then I feel like venting into a blog is just making myself feel more grandiose - almost like if it's in a public forum then my thoughts must be validated. That's not the case, is it?
Perhaps by closing the blog I will come across as a person who has it all together - someone who enjoys every moment of parenthood, who has perfect children and no frustrations. After all, that's what my other blog is all about. Yes, my children are perfect, but the other stuff is not true. It's just that I don't want to remember the bad stuff, so I purposefully only write about the good stuff. Twenty years from now, I'm not going to want to look back and read about the bad.
So why would it be any different for this blog? I don't think it is.
So... consider this a warning that somday Reffin In Hiding might no longer be.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Whatever you decide to do, I support you. And if you need to vent, you can always email me. :)
Thanks! That means a lot to me.
Reffin :),
Just because there is bad stuff in the corner does not mean you will not want to look back at it, twenty years from now. I think I'm a little older(but not wiser). I do want to say, looking back twenty years, the picture would not be complete if I did not look at the bad as well as the good. Too often the good stuff is a facade, the bad stuff is a harsh perception and somewhere in between lies the reality.
Good Luck, either way.
Good point. I'll have to think about it.
I think you should keep it up - blogging only good things is PR, and not a way to stay in touch with yourself or the people who read it. It's also a good tool for you to get an objective view of yourself, and to work out what you really think. Not least, although you may not want to show everything here to your kids, some day it may be useful to them to see how Mommy works out real problems; that is something they will need to know.
Wow, you guys! Thank you for being supportive. I think I'll keep it.
A little late but here are my 2 cents: When I look through old journals and read about bad times, it makes me grateful for where I am now. Looking back at the bad can give you an appreciation for how far you've come and how, hopefully, things have changed for the better. And if the haven't changed- it may encourage you to finally do something about it.
Post a Comment