Monday, December 12, 2011

Small Miracles

On my other blog I recently wrote about a little girl named Destiny. Her mommy recently posted on FB a photo of a letter that Destiny wrote to her grandparents, most likely her LAST letter she'll ever write. Her mommy is slowly watching her little girl go down hill and lose control of her life moment by moment. Poor Destiny has so many seizures that it's starting to take a toll on not only her personality, but her ability to learn new things or even maintain the abilities she already has. Her letter was rich with love but it was also rich with little reminders that she's slowly losing control of her fine movement. I looked at it and saw the agonizing frustration her mommy must feel in slowly seeing your daughter go away, not knowing what the future has in store for her, and not being able to do a thing about it.

My heart hurts today as I think about all the miracles my girls have the potential to achieve in their life time and thinking about what that would be like to see such potential for greatness slowly be torn away from me. I simply can not imagine. My soul must be refusing to believe that such horrid things exist.

No comments: