Friday, May 10, 2013

Due Credit

"I was disappointed when you posted those videos of the girls singing without giving me any credit for being the reason they know the words in the first place."

Are you kidding me? The purpose of my blog is to simply write about the things that make me smile, as little reminders of why I enjoy being a parent. It gives me something to look back on if and when things become frustrating and stressful.

It is NOT to document every moment of my girls' lives or who gets credit for every bit of knowledge they pick up along the way.

Grrr...

"It's just that I know you print your blog out at the end of the year and at some point, those books are going to go to the girls and they will read about their childhood. I want them to know that Gramma had a big presence in their lives and I don't feel that our relationship is represented in your posts."

Seriously? I am depending on their own memories for that sort of thing. My grandparents were a big part of my life and I knew that without relying on a printed book of memories. If you want to document your relationship with the girls, feel free to do so.

I am trying to make the most of what little time I have. Honestly I cram more into my day than I feel like most people do, and I am constantly wishing for more time. I haven't been focused on my blog like I have in years past, mostly because I am focusing MORE on my other goals. Now when I do blog, and yes it's still important to me that I do, it has to be quick. I don't have time to give references to the material I write about.

Maybe after I'm done focusing on getting a promotion at my "real" job, or making the most of my second business, or making the most of our third business, and getting the kids to bed on time... maybe when I'm done with all that, I will go back and fill in the blanks present in my blog posts.

Then again, maybe I wont. I plan to have other goals to accomplish by then.

No comments: