Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ellie misses Daddy

Having Daddy travel is getting harder for us. Ellie is getting easier to handle, but she's also getting to the age where she actually misses him when he's not around. Up until this trip, she would ask about him and be ok with whatever explanation I told her about why he wasn't here.

But this trip is different. Maybe it's because he *just* got back from a trip and wasn't home for long before leaving. Whatever the reason, she complained a lot when I told her that Daddy wasn't here and that he would be home soon.

To make it worse, I asked her if she wanted to talk to Daddy on the phone. When she finally made the connection, she got a real kick out of talking to him. She would answer his questions. Then I made the mistake of suggesting that he sing her a song. She kept asking for more whenever he was done. She did NOT want to hang up the phone and was crying when Daddy finally had to go (he did repeat the song close to 5 times).

Luckily she calmed down soon after hanging up the phone, which was a surprise considering the fight she put up for not ending the conversation. I offered to hold her and she sat on my lap again. Then she reached for the phone and asked to call Gapa.

But there for a few minutes, I was crying with her. It's a good thing he won't be traveling again for a while. I know it's even harder on him.

No comments: