If it were me and I had family coming into town for a visit for the holidays, especially for Christmas, and that family happened to have two young kids who want to have a magical Christmas with Santa, family and gifts... If I was the one hosting, knowing that the family spent a lot of money for plane tickets to see me, and that traveling with two young kids is always very challenging... If it were my family members going through all that trouble to visit me...
... Well simply put, I'd try to do everything I could to help make the trip easier for them. Knowing that they have a lot to carry through the airport... two car seats, luggage AND two wiggly, hopefully cheerful, but most likely not, children... let alone Christmas presents... and acknowledging that they would have to pay for shipping of Christmas presents ordered online regardless... and that they are arriving on Christmas Eve and probably won't have time to arrange for the getting anything done in town... I would totally expect them to ship the presents to my house. I may not know when I would get around to wrapping them, but I would do it even if it meant requesting that they send the presents soon so that I could be sure I'd have plenty of time to wrap them. It would make things easier for my visiters. There is nothing much I could do to ease their load for their return trip home, but I would not see any point in them needing to drag all the gifts through the airport in BOTH directions.
But that's just me. Just saying.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I may not think of this, though if I realized it would make their lives easier, I would totally do it. But someone would have to ask me. And then I'd be all "omg of course, how could I not have realized!" But I can be clueless enough that I need to be asked for much! And I like that because I enjoy being helpful.
I'll admit. I assumed it would be ok to have my presents shipped to our hosts. They wrote me back requesting to change the shipping and carry them with me in an extra bag through the airport.
Post a Comment