I have a confession to make. I'm worried that Ellie won't have a "magical Christmas" like I want her to. Since we're traveling to Virginia this year, it makes the whole "Santa" thing a little tricky. Lorielle is getting the bike and jump rope that she consistantly asks Santa for but we have to leave the bike in CO. We plan to take a photo of the bike and leave a note from Santa explaining that the rules say no bikes are allowed on planes, so he had to leave it at home.
Riddle me this... how is that supposed to be MAGIC???
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It still can be! As long as Santa still comes to Virginia with other things she'll have that experience. At home, you can make some signs that Santa was there to bring the bike he promised. Glitter or tinsel or footprints, and maybe an extra little gift. You can have everything ready, but hidden, and once Ellie is in the car, pretend you forgot something and run in to arrange it before you leave. She'll feel super special because Santa took such good care of her. If you're worried about the cats getting in to it, put it out of their reach with a note from Santa about how he wanted to make sure they didn't get in to it.
Jen
How about giving her a little toy bike that has had a spell cast on it so that it will magically expand into the real thing in a few days (when at home)?
Now THAT's an AWESOME idea that I wish I had read before Christmas!
Post a Comment